I took this photo awhile ago now, but today it means something to us… We call it “Journey”…
When we look at this picture today it means many different things to us –
- Journey into the light from the dark – a journey of hope
- Journey of danger as a child is lead away to disappear with the man beside him
- Journey of death, with this light at the end of the tunnel being what you see upon your death
- Journey of innocence as the child plays happily beside the safe man
- Journey through the holding pens, ready for death at the meat market. People before these two have left their last messages on the walls, only for it to be covered up like graffiti… If you look at the image large size on black, you can see the hand marks made on the ceiling as a last attempt to leave something behind
This jumble of messages is how we are at the moment, a messy jumble of thoughts, both good and bad. We’re not sure where our journey is taking us, but at the moment it feels like things are shifting internally. I’m not sure of the reason – maybe it’s returning to work, maybe it’s the two year anniversary of the attempt on our life by our then husband, maybe it’s our healing work… I’m not sure, but I wish we were more settled and safer.